How it works
Anyone in the 10-counties surrounding Charlotte can submit an idea. It only takes a minute.
- Ideas can be submitted thru May 31, 2021.
- Entry is limited to residents in the following NC counties: Anson, Cabarrus, Cleveland, Gaston, Iredell, Lincoln, Mecklenburg, Rowan, Stanly and Union.
- Employees of participating community colleges in the Southwest region are not eligible to participate.
- June 11, 2021 the 53 finalists are announced.
- Finalist will receive a monetary award and have an opportunity to receive training and coaching to prepare for the next round.
- The week of July 19, 2021 the 53 finalists will pitch and top 10 semi-finalists will be selected.
- July 26, 2021 the top ten semi-finalists will be announced.
- August 12, 2021 virtual Pitch Day - the top ten compete for first, second and third place.
- First place winner $10,000
- Second place winner $ 5,000
- Third place winner $ 2,500
- Top 10 finalists $ 250
- Top 53 finalists $ 50
Pitch Day - Thursday, August 12
Join the livestreamed event to watch and cheer on the top ten finalists in this year's competition! Who will take the top spot and earn $10,000? Register now to view the finale.
Training EventsOur goal is not only to help you perfect your pitch but to help you learn how to turn your idea into a viable business. As part of this initiative we will have a period for preparation leading up to the round two pitches which will include no cost training and counseling.
53 Ideas: Customer Discovery
53 Ideas: Understanding the Pitch
53 Ideas: Business Model Canvas
53 Ideas: Figuring Out Your Financials
|53 Ideas: Your Business Bankable
Tuesday, June 29
4:00 - 6:00 p.m.
53 Ideas: Developing Your Pitch
Title Sponsor and Host
Training and Promotional Partners
Rules & Conditions