How it works
Anyone in the 10-counties surrounding Charlotte can submit an idea. It only takes a minute.
- Ideas in the form of a 53-second video can be submitted online May 1 thru May 31, 2023.
- Entry is limited to residents in the following NC counties: Anson, Cabarrus, Cleveland, Gaston, Iredell, Lincoln, Mecklenburg, Rowan, Stanly and Union.
- The 53 finalists will be announced in early June 2023.
- Mid-June finalists participate in online training sessions to help prepare for the next round.
- The 53 finalists pitch the week of July 10, 2023 for a chance to place as a top semi-finalists.
- The top ten semi-finalists will be announced on Monday, July 17, 2023. Watch our social channels for the reveal.
- The top ten compete for first, second and third place at Virtual Pitch Day which will be broadcast to a public audience.
- First place winner $10,000
- Second place winner $ 5,000
- Third place winner $ 2,500
- Top 10 finalists $ 250
Entries for the 53 Ideas Pitch Competition are open now through May 31, 2023. When you are ready to record or upload your 53-second business idea click the button below. Recording and uploading will vary based on the device you are using to submit your entry. If you need instructions to record or upload check out these available guides.
Training EventsOur goal is not only to help you perfect your pitch but to help you learn how to turn your idea into a viable business. As part of this initiative we will have a period for preparation leading up to the round two pitches which will include no cost training and counseling.
53 Ideas: Business Model Canvas
53 Ideas: Customer Discovery
53 Ideas: Understanding the Pitch
53 Ideas: Figuring Out Your Financials
53 Ideas: Your Business Bankable
Wednesday, June 21; 4-6 pm
Title Sponsor and Host
Training and Promotional Partners
Rules & Conditions