How it works
Anyone in the 10-counties surrounding Charlotte can submit an idea. It only takes a minute.
- Ideas in the form of a 53-second video can be submitted online thru (TBD for 2022 program).
- Entry is limited to residents in the following NC counties: Anson, Cabarrus, Cleveland, Gaston, Iredell, Lincoln, Mecklenburg, Rowan, Stanly and Union.
- Employees of participating community colleges in the Southwest region are not eligible to participate.
- The 53 finalists are announced (TBD for 2022 program).
- Finalist will receive a monetary award and have an opportunity to receive training and coaching to prepare for the next round.
- The 53 finalists pitch (TBD for 2022 program) for a chance to place as a top semi-finalists.
- The top ten semi-finalists will be announced (TBD for 2022 program).
- The top ten compete for first, second and third place at Virtual Pitch Day.
- First place winner $10,000
- Second place winner $ 5,000
- Third place winner $ 2,500
- Top 10 finalists $ 250
- Top 53 finalists $ 50
Pitch Day - Thursday, August 12
Join the livestreamed event to watch and cheer on the top ten finalists in this year's competition! Who will take the top spot and earn $10,000? Register now to view the finale.
Training EventsOur goal is not only to help you perfect your pitch but to help you learn how to turn your idea into a viable business. As part of this initiative we will have a period for preparation leading up to the round two pitches which will include no cost training and counseling.
53 Ideas: Customer Discovery
53 Ideas: Understanding the Pitch
53 Ideas: Business Model Canvas
53 Ideas: Figuring Out Your Financials
|53 Ideas: Your Business Bankable
53 Ideas: Developing Your Pitch
Title Sponsor and Host
Training and Promotional Partners
Rules & Conditions