How it works
Anyone in the 10-counties surrounding Charlotte can submit an idea. It only takes a minute.
- Ideas can be submitted thru May 31, 2021.
- Entry is limited to residents in the following NC counties: Anson, Cabarrus, Cleveland, Gaston, Iredell, Lincoln, Mecklenburg, Rowan, Stanly and Union.
- Employees of participating community colleges in the Southwest region are not eligible to participate.
- June 11, 2021 the 53 finalists are announced.
- Finalist will receive a monetary award and have an opportunity to receive training and coaching to prepare for the next round.
- The week of July 19, 2021 the 53 finalists will pitch and top 10 semi-finalists will be selected.
- July 26, 2021 the top ten semi-finalists will be announced.
- August 12, 2021 virtual Pitch Day - the top ten compete for first, second and third place.
- First place winner $10,000
- Second place winner $ 5,000
- Third place winner $ 2,500
- Top 10 finalists $ 250
- Top 53 finalists $ 50
The entry period is open through May 31, 2021. When you are ready to record your 53-second business idea click the button below!
Depending on the device you are using to enter there are slight difference in using the recording solution. Download instructions based on your device iOS or Android mobile phone or a desktop or laptop computer.
Training EventsOur goal is not only to help you perfect your pitch but to help you learn how to turn your idea into a viable business. As part of this initiative we will have a period for preparation leading up to the round two pitches which will include no cost training and counseling.
53 Ideas: Customer Discovery
53 Ideas: Understanding the Pitch
53 Ideas: Business Model Canvas
53 Ideas: Figuring Out Your Financials
|53 Ideas: Your Business Bankable
Tuesday, June 29
4:00 - 6:00 p.m.
53 Ideas: Developing Your Pitch
Title Sponsor and Host
Training and Promotional Partners
Rules & Conditions