Pre-Recorded Watch Party: Target Market Identification and Brand Personas
Join the Small Business Center Director, Cherith Roberson on this prerecorded webinar.
This is the second session in our Marketing Series, and will cover target market identification and customer personas. Target Markets are the ideal customers for your business, and the groups of people it makes most sense to invest marketing efforts towards. Generally, small businesses have a few different segments within their target market, and each segment has unique needs and behaviors.
This session is a workshop style session, and in these 90 minutes you’ll brainstorm
- A description of your target market
- 2-3 segments within those markets
- Key products/services/messages for each segment
Once segments are identified, we’ll walk through some examples of Customer Personas. A customer persona is a description of someone who represents a segment of your target audience. This is not a real customer, but a fictional person who embodies the characteristics of that segment. In this workshop, you’ll write at least one persona for your brand, and have the opportunity to ask questions and share your persona for feedback. You'll give your persona a name, demographic details, interests, and behavioral traits, as well as media behaviors that point to potential marketing tactics.
At the end of this workshop session, you should have a clear picture of your target market, your market segments and personas that represent each of those segments.
Upcoming sessions in this series include:
- May 20 - Setting SMART Marketing Goals
- May 27 - Choosing Digital Platforms and Creating a Content Calendar
- June 10 - The Power of Brand Messaging
- June 17 - Marketing Series: Non-Digital Marketing - Print, Referral, Cold Calling, and More!
- June 24 - Key Marketing Activities for Q4
Speaker(s): Dana Cassell
Co-Sponsor(s): Wake Forest Chamber of Commerce
Fee: No Cost