Introduction to Government Contracting: The Small Business Certification
The “Introduction to Government Contracting: The Small Business Certification”
workshop will provide participants with a high-level overview of the small business certification. In the first hour of the workshop, participants will learn:
• What the small business certification is and why it may be of interest
• The alphabet soup of small business certifications
• The types of certifying agencies that are available
• Eligibility criteria for getting small business certifications
• The value and benefits of getting certified
• Identify the products and services solicited and purchased by the government
• Next steps to learn more from agencies.
In the second hour of the workshop, participants with review and receive instruction to: • Complete the State of North Carolina’s Historically Underutilized Business Certification Application • Gather and include the required documents needed to complete an application package • Complete the company’s online vendor profile.
Speaker(s): LaPronda Spann
Fee: No Cost