Halifax Community College Small Business Center
- Do you have a DREAM or a business idea?
- Are you just getting started in business?
- Do you need specific training?
- Is your business or organization struggling and you don't know what to do or where to start in finding answers?
The Purpose of the Small Business Center is to increase the success rate and the number of viable small businesses by providing high quality, readily available assistance to prospective and existing small business owners.
The overall Objectives are to foster and support entrepreneurship and economic development and help equip people in both urban and rural communities to succeed in a technologically driven world.
The Small Business Center has been in existence for over twenty years assisting the business, local government and non-profit sectors in accomplishing their goals. Our major focus is small businesses and start-ups.
We also provide management training and assistance for larger employers in Halifax and Northampton Counties.
We Provide Assistance with:
- Free Small Business seminars
- Free start-up counseling
- Free consulting to existing businesses, government agencies and non-profits
- Free help with business, management and organizational issues
- Free computer use and Internet access
- Free business resource center
- On-site training for established businesses
- Business Planning Process
- Marketing: Products & Services, Packaging, Pricing, Distribution, Competition, Research
- Financials: P&L, Balance Sheet, Cash Flow
- Other business and management issues… We will provide this on-site at your location