- Remote Employees and Telecommunication
A Guide to Managing Your (Newly) Remote Workers by Harvard Business Review
- Employer Legal Compliance, Public Health, Allowed Questions
- General Information on Unemployment
- Pandemic Unemployment Assistance (PUA) Updated Link:
This program provides unemployment compensation for individuals not eligible for regular unemployment insurance or any extensions to unemployment insurance. This will provide benefits to eligible self-employed workers and independent contractors.
- PUA Unemployment Assistance Webinar
Steps to apply for PUA, mistakes to avoid and more with Lockhart Taylor. Mr. Taylor serves as the Assistant Secretary for Employment Security for the North Carolina Department of Commerce.
- CDC Interim Guidance for Businesses and Employers
- OSHA Steps You Can Take to Reduce the Risk of Spread in the Workplace
- NC DHHS COVID-19 Resources for Businesses and Employers
- Legislation - Paid Sick Days for Public Health Emergencies (reimbursement for paid sick leave for small businesses)
- Families First Coronavirus Response Act - A Primer for Small Businesses