Jacksonville-Onslow Nonprofit Board Development Conference- Day 1 Online
Join us for the Jacksonville-Onslow Nonprofit Board Development Conference! This two-day online event is designed with nonprofit leadership in mind and brings to you a wealth of information designed to help your nonprofit operate efficiently and effectively during challenging times.
Day 1 will offer three unique sessions focused on financials, strategic planning, and fundraising.
Description for Analyzing Nonprofit Financial Reports: In this session, learn how to read both a nonprofit statement of position and the nonprofit statement of financial activities (more commonly called balance sheets and profit and loss statements). With this training you will be ready to ask questions in your next board meeting to ensure your organization has a proactive financial strategy.
Description for Strategic Plan in Action: How to Keep It Current and Relevant: A strategic plan is only successful if an organization knows how to keep it current and relevant. This micro-workshop is designed to offer nonprofit leaders the knowledge and tools needed to put a plan into action. Funding for Good’s experts will deliver action-focused tips and tools to ensure planning and resources do not go to waste. This workshop is ideal for organizations who need to take an existing plan off the shelf and those who are ready to implement a new plan
Description for Fundraising in the COVID Environment: Fundraising can be challenging, even in the best of times. Add in social distancing, the inability to gather in large groups, and quarantines- and it can get even more complicated. Join us for a panel discussion featuring fundraisers who have been successful during the pandemic and hear about some of the strategies they have used to connect with donors.
Speakers & Schedule for Day 1
1) Welcome to the Event- 8:45 am to 9:00 am- Event partners City of Jacksonville, UNCWs QENO, United Way of Onslow County, Coastal Carolina Community College Small Business Center
2) Analyzing Nonprofit Financial Reports 9:00 am to 10:30 am- Natasha Davis of QENO
10:30 am to 10:45 am- Break
3) Strategic Plan in Action: How to Keep it Current and Relevant 10:45 am to 11:45 am- Marie Palacios
11:45 am to 12:15 pm- Lunch Break During the lunch break, please feel free to join us for a panel discussion featuring represenatives from Veterans Services of the Carolinas, 211, & NCCARE 360.
4) Fundraising in the COVID Environment (Panel Discussion)- Moderated by April Priester 12:15 PM to 1:45 PM
5) End of the Day Wrap Up 1:45 PM to 2:00 PM- Event Partners City of Jacksonville, UNCW's QENO, United Way of Onslow County, Coastal Carolina Community College Small Business Center
Co-Sponsor(s): Event Partners City of Jacksonville United Way of Onslow County Coastal Carolina Community College- Small Business Center Session Partner for Analyzing Nonprofit Financial Reports- UNCW's QENO
Fee: No Cost